Well, it finally happened. I got my husband back in our lives. We can eat breakfast as a family. I don't worry that he has had an accident when he is late getting home after work. I can cook supper, do laundry, etc. while he watches the kids at night instead of doing farm chores after work.
Why is this a mixed blessing, you might ask? The only reason I got him back was because he was layed off at his job. Yes, we knew this was possible since many at his company have been, but I was also hearing some positive talk that it might not happen. Anyway, it happened. I think we were both devastated. He has worked for the company for a few months shy of 23 years. Even now the tears come. Oh, we will be all right and my wonderful husband will always be my hero. I think the tears are relief for what we have been stressing about for months while we heard about this recession and the fact that I don't know what our future brings. I never planned to be the only parent working outside the home (I feel completely inadequate for this). My "plan" was to live the rest of our lives raising our children and growing old with my husband. Not worrying about a new schedule and all the differences a new job brings.
I wonder if this is some of what the people who lived through the depression might have felt. To have everything you had planned and dreamed of put on hold...And not just the big things, but the little ones too. We had planned to renovate a bedroom for our daughter, our living room door needs to be replaced, our dining room table needs to be fixed, we have two weddings to attend and bring gifts to. I don't even feel like I should buy a stick of gum let alone buy gifts for weddings. I haven't even printed pictures for the last several months trying to save money for the day this might come. Now it is here.
Well, I had better quit the rambling and go get a few moments rest before my day begins. I love you all for reading this and supporting our family. Have a great week:)
The Paper Tablecloth Date Night: Pizza, Candlelight & Pen-and-Paper Games
at Home
-
No babysitter? Tight budget? The Paper Tablecloth Date Night turns the
pizza you were already ordering into a candlelit at-home date — roll paper
across ...




I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I will put your people in my prayers....Hays.
ReplyDeleteAnd I was number 31. HeeHee.
ReplyDelete