Sunday, May 3, 2009

Must-ard-ache



No milk mustaches in our family. Only mustardaches. Grilled hot dogs, cold pork and beans, and bbq chips. Gotta love the cheap, quick, easy, don't need a clean pan meal. We even used paper plates. The environmentalists will hate me for using plates you trash after using, but we moved the china hutch (after I emptied a few hundred pounds of china from it) to the kitchen. Then we moved the piano to where the china hutch was (after I took all pictures and breakable nicknacks off). All this so I could use the china hutch for my multi-colored Fiestaware we use for everyday (when we are not using paper plates) and so that the piano will not cover half of a window in our dining room. UGH! Oh yeah, we also dismantled and brought home a chain link fence and cut down a mostly dead cedar tree from the corner of our deck. Thank you for the manual labor Dad! All that after we went to about 15 garage sales and washed all the new to us clothes.
Now if hubby and I could only agree on whether to include the deck in our fenced in play area for the kids. I am against the deck. It does not have child safe railings nor anything to keep the kids out from under it and I really don't want to have to go buy something to keep the kids out from under it! I also think the lattice stuff looks ugly. I made hubby promise tonight that if a child gets hurt, it will be all his fault. He is making a snooty face at me right now, kind of like when he agreed to this. Anybody have any horror stories about decks and children so I can convince my hubby and dad?

3 comments:

  1. Now, They could use under the deck for a play house or fort. Come on Mom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way this is your cousin Deb....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Play house or fort? I think that is what the snakes and cats use it for right now! ha,ha

    ReplyDelete