Now that my husband got a permanent full-time job, I am going to gripe about our fence. No, first I am going to say a little prayer of thanks for Hubby's job. I can't say it is his dream job or great hours, but it is a job and since it is with my school district, I get his health insurance premium (around $400) towards the over $700 a month I pay. Wahoo! Who needs Obama's health plan anyway?
Okay, back to the fence. If you remember from the last time I discussed this, I did not want the deck included. Oh no, my hubby and father KNEW we had enough fencing materials and how I would really want the deck included. I was overruled. In a cruel act of justice this weekend when the fence was completed, my father walked away while baby girl was on the deck at the top of the steps. So I jump out of my lawn chair and run, pray, run, pray over to the stairs as she manages to fall down in slow motion. I know this sounds really scary, but the reason she fell slowly was because she was kind of catching herself each step. No blood, no broken bones, and I don't think she even cried. So back to my gripe about the fence, I didn't think about the rose bush and gooseberry bushes (make sure to check out video below) being included so now I have to deal with a toddler who thinks it is fun to tear off leaves and cries when she hits a thorn. Also, we did NOT have enough materials for the fence, so we had to go buy more of everything which cost a lot of money. Then we made a trip to Home Depot to get something to go under the deck so the kids can't get under. More money we wouldn't have had to spend if they would just listen to me. Oh yeah, and did I mention baby girl falling down the steps? She has an absolute fit if I block her access. We are going to have one major drama queen on our hands for the next 20 years. I definitely have rubbed in the fact that I was right and the men in my family were wrong, especially when Hubby busted in to a sprint with baby girl going up on the deck and no one within 30 feet to catch her if she fell.
Top it all off with the fact that I, yes I, suggested getting play sand for the plastic turtle with lid. Baby girl loves it and ruined her new shoes the other day, plus pitched yet another fit today when I wouldn't let her get back in. Ugh!
I think I am done complaining now. For the moment...
I do appreciate the fence. My children and I have played outside the last couple of days when it wasn't pouring rain and I could put clothes on the line (my favorite summer activity) without worrying about which child was hitting the highway at that moment.
This Free Date Night Idea Uses Two Bowls and Your Camera Roll (And It’s So
Good)
-
Two bowls, a few slips of paper, and your camera rolls. The Camera Roll
Date Night is a free at-home date that turns your phone's photo library
into the ...




No comments:
Post a Comment