
This was the view of the fireplace from the second floor.

Here is the jacuzzi and spiral stairs to go up to the bedroom.

Boring view of looking upstairs from down below.
Okay, finally the story. We check in to this six floor hotel expecting our room to be on the top since it has a balcony. No, 1st floor. Okay so we unlock our room and find all the retro-ness. Is that a word, you ask? Oh yeah. If you saw this room, you would have laughed as much as we did. So I think we looked at the fireplace first. I don't think you can tell from the pics., but the gas pipes with tools and instructions were all out front on the hearth. Scary. So no fire in the fireplace. Let's check out the balcony. Okay, large brick wall surrounding a cement slab. Okay, no relaxing outside. Let's check out the upstairs. Wow, another balcony. Overlooking the car dealership next door. Exciting. Well, let's go to the pool before the jaccuzzi. Oh, would you look at the mouse running around the pool area. Okay, back to our room. Later we couldn't figure out why there was water all over the downstairs half bath. Then we located the problem. When you took a shower in the upstairs bathroom, it drained into the vent going downstairs. I think that was plenty of excitement and I certainly didn't have to stay in a boring room that night. Guess where the contintental breakfast was? The sixth floor. So we shared the room problems when we checked out and one of the workmen said he had been working on the bathroom for awhile. Of course the desk clerk said it would be fixed that day. ha, ha. Let me know if you want the name and location of this hotel, and I will share! p.s.-Logan Steakhouse was excellent. I still haven't given up on finding a super duper hotel room, but this one could definitely be checked off the list.






No comments:
Post a Comment