I have been reading Katie's blog about fixing supper and getting groceries. I felt a bit of guilt because I haven't really cooked for quite awhile. It is just so simple to eat out. Now I am inspired and tired of eating out or just getting by. So here goes the menu (for the weekend since that is when I have time, energy, and another adult in the house-leftovers to be eaten during the week):
Saturday Noon - Husband's Delight (recipe by Deanne Kamphaus) recipe looks like a cross between lasagne and goulash. I have never made it before so this could be interesting.
8 oz. wide noodles, 1 1/2 lbs. hamburger, 1/4 cup green pepper, 1 clove minced garlic, 24 oz. tomato sauce, 1 T. sugar, 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper, 1 cup cottage cheese, 8 oz. softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup sour cream, 3-4 chopped green onions, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Cook noodles. Cook ground beef, green pepper, and garlic. Drain fat. Add tomato sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir in noodles. Combine cottage cheese and cream cheese. Add sour cream and green onions. Layer 1/2 of noodle mixture into greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Top the layer with cottage cheese mixture and remaining noodle mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serves 8.
Saturday Supper - Swiss steak (recipe by Mom) and my late mother-in-law's mashed potatoes (includes sour cream, cream cheese, and paprika - yum)
Tenderized round steak cut into a serving size, green pepper strips, onion strips, couple cans of stewed tomatoes - bake until tender and done. Right, Mom?
Sunday Supper - Sausage Chowder (recipe by late mother-in-law)
4 potatoes, peeled and diced, 1/2 med. onion, 1 lb. sausage, 3 T. flour, 1 can cream-style corn (maybe mexi-corn instead?), 1 quart milk, salt and pepper to taste
Put diced potatoes and chopped onions in saucepan with water to cover and cook (can I cook the onions with the sausage instead?). In a skillet brown and drain sausage. Add salt and pepper. Add flour to sausage and stir well. Then add to onions and water and cooked potatoes. Add the milk and corn. Mix well; cook and stir until heated through.
Did I mention I am cooking from our church cookbook? Ron should love this if it actually happens. Thank you Katie for the inspiration.
This Free Date Night Idea Uses Two Bowls and Your Camera Roll (And It’s So
Good)
-
Two bowls, a few slips of paper, and your camera rolls. The Camera Roll
Date Night is a free at-home date that turns your phone's photo library
into the ...




I hope you find it helpful. Once you get your weekends down, I encourage you to try it during the week - I'm on week two and I've found that it really does save time and energy if things are planned ahead. I know what I need to do and can do the day(s) before I make a meal, so the prep work is pretty minimal. Let me know how it goes!
ReplyDelete