Hubby has been begging to go for a meal and with it being so close to Father's Day, I caved in. Again (like the other times I have been), it was expensive and not that great. Side note - our waitress was born when I was waiting tables myself, makes me feel old!
On to the review:
-First I would like to say, that if a customer walks in to your establishment with children, offer to help. They may refuse your help or they may gladly accept it. Help would include offering/getting high chairs and the removal of normal chairs to fit the high chair at the table. I will give Nelson's kuddos for the BEST child's "supply kit". It had crayons, wet nap, and a sheet to color that stuck to the table like those fancy children's placemats you can buy and never remember to bring with you. These "kits" were brought to the table quite fast, which was awesome for us.
-Hubby ordered sweet potato fries. They were badly in need of salt. That is partly our fault because hubby does not salt anything, so if it was my order, I would have added my own. I do still prefer salt added as soon as they come out of the fryer. I tried my children's fries and they also seemed to be salt free.
-Next hubby had a 1/2 order of nachos. I believe they are called loaded nachos. I loved the crunchy multi-colored chips and there were enough nachos in that 1/2 order for several people.
-I ordered the chicken quesadilla, 1/2 order. It came with refried beans (sprinkled with cheese) and a small lettuce salad covered with pico de gallo (yum). The pico was excellent. Next time I will order extra of that. The beans were quite thick so I added my sour cream and salsa to them to dip my quesadillas in. It didn't help. The quesadilla lacked taste. More or a different type of cheese, onions, or something was needed to give that chicken some flavor! I received two large pieces of quesadilla loaded with chicken and with the beans and salad there was more than enough to make me miserably full and give my husband more food in order to make him miserable!
-The children had mini corndogs and grilled cheese, both with fries. Similar to Danny's, I wish there was a choice other than fries or chips with a kid's meal. Robert is to the point he likes salad and he gobbled the little container of applesauce the other night at Whiskey Creek. Have I mentioned we eat out a lot? We don't get the chance often during the school year, so this seems to be the time to do it!
-I almost forgot the pie. Hubby was too full to eat his coconut cream, so it got boxed up and is in the fridge along with peach for Dad's help tomorrow. We had my peach pie with ice cream to share. I will say I prefer mine without spices, so unfortunately I was still tasting spice after I swallowed. I am assuming it was just cinnamon, but I very well could be wrong. I have been before!
Thank you for reading my rant and bon appetit!
The Paper Tablecloth Date Night: Pizza, Candlelight & Pen-and-Paper Games
at Home
-
No babysitter? Tight budget? The Paper Tablecloth Date Night turns the
pizza you were already ordering into a candlelit at-home date — roll paper
across ...




No comments:
Post a Comment