Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What I am most thankful for

I always think of this title as being needed around Thanksgiving time, but today it seemed fitting. We accomplished a lot today: towed our car home with a dead battery (hopefully that is all that is wrong with it) and hauled home three cows my Dad bought us yesterday. Seems like a long ways to go for three cows, but all's well that ends well. So what I am thankful for today: SUNSHINE. Who knew it could be so cold (thirty something degrees) and yet so sunny. It puts me in a good mood even if we did have to practically run from the parking lot to the Dairy Queen because of the icy cold wind. Through all of this travel and holiday season, we made it safely. For this I am thankful. Life couldn't get much more wonderful. I also found a quote in Guideposts today: "The more you are focused on time--past and future--the more you miss the now, the most precious thing there is. Life is now." --Eckhart Tolle

Goal for 2009 - Focus on the now and be thankful for all I have been given by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment