Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ear Infection

Both kids have ear infections! Thank goodness for child check. Baby girl wasn't due for a doctor's visit until Tuesday and little man wasn't due to go to the doctor until end of June. The hearing test showed they both had problems or wax in their ears. Turned out it was both and our checkbook was $70 shorter! Our spring break plans are going down hill fast if we keep spending money that way. $70 when hubby just found out that unemployment has a one week waiting period. We also got a note that the stimulus bill was increasing the amount by $25 a week. Who cares about $25 later? Why is there a one week waiting period? I know, I know, this will make us stronger (it already has!), but what are people suppose to do with no pay for one week?

Enough of the unemployment rant. The rest of child check went well. Eye sight was good and they both did well on their development activities. I am never quite sure about all those development questions. For instance, they asked if little man was using four word sentences. Heck, I don't know. I just answer. I don't stop and count how many words he says. Luckily he warmed up to the people and did what they asked him. He still isn't interested in the half drawn body. I think he is suppose to say it is a person and then say what is missing. He also didn't think mommy and daddy were a girl and boy. He just thought they were mommy and daddy!

I sure do seem grumpy. I guess it is a couple of hours early for my post and hubby and I are both sick with colds. I am a little concerned that the St. Patrick's parade today will be too much to handle for four sick people and no one will get to go. Sounds like I should stop worrying and just let things be. We always hate to miss things that occur only once a year. I will try to be more positive on the next post. It is probably not healthy for someone to post negatives and probably not something anyone wants to read either! Love you all for "listening".

No comments:

Post a Comment